Shed fire in Ryedale village spread to outbuildings and tractors

An electrical fault is believed to have started a fire which spread from a shed to surrounding buildings and vehicles last night.

Firefighters were called to Low Moorgate in Rillington. Picture: Google

North Yorkshire Fire Service said crews were alerted to the shed fire in Low Moorgate, Rillington, at around 8.40pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

They found the fire had spread from the shed to two small outbuildings, two tractors, a neighbour's shed and a tree.

Crews used two hose reels, two sets of breathing apparatus and one main jet to put out the flames.

A spokesman said the fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in a pressure washer.