Opened in 1888 as a pauper lunatic asylum and is one of the area's most notorious buildings. It even had its own railway and cemetery. It became a psychiatric hospital but shut in 2003 and is now housing.
A former mill owner's mansion which became a hospital in 1927, specialising in the treatment of soldiers injured in World War One. It passed into NHS ownership and closed in 1994. Now being converted into apartments.