Doncaster family-of-six flee house blaze

FIRE chiefs said a family-of-six from had a lucky escape after a blaze caused by an unattended chip pan badly damaged the kitchen of their home in Doncaster.

.

Three fire crews from Thorne and Doncaster stations were called at 11:50pm last night to a house on Parks Road in the Dunscroft area of Doncaster.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

All six family members were outside when fire crews arrived. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to put the fire out.

The kitchen was badly damaged while the rest of the house was smoke logged.

A woman in her twenties was taken to hospital as a precaution.