They were called just before 1.20pm today to a house at Burmantofts in Leeds where there was a fire in the cellar. Crews from Bellbrooke Grove, Burmantofts and Leeds used hose reels with four fire-fighters wearing breathing apparatus. They also had to check neighbouring properties as there were fears that the smoke had spread.
Just a few minutes later there were reports of a chimney fire at a house in Baildon. A hose reel was used to put out the flames and a fan was needed to clear the smoke. Crews had to call an ambulance for a woman who had suffered smoke inhalation during the incident at the house at Green Road.