Two people taken to hospital after carbon monoxide detected in Market Weighton home

Two people were taken to hospital after carbon monoxide readings were detected in a home in East Yorkshire.

Spring Road, Market Weighton. Picture: Google.

Firefighters were called to Spring Road, Market, Weighton, at about 9.20pm yesterday (Sunday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

They detected carbon monoxide and isolated a wood burner inside the home.

Crews ventilated the property and gave oxygen therapy to a man in the property.

Two people were taken to hospital for "precaution check-ups", a spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.