Two taken to hospital after blaze at Elland house

A MAN suffered serious burns during a house fire in Elland near Halifax area this morning.

.
.

He suffered 40 per cent burns and a woman suffered smoke inhalation during blaze in the attic of the house on Station Road, Holywell Green, Elland, just before 1am this morning.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

West Yorkshire Fire Service said the blaze affected 50 per cent of the attic.

The man and the woman were taken to hospital by ambulance.