They were all treated by a nearby vet who described them as displaying drunk-like symptoms and suspects the cause is a recreational drug. All three dogs have recovered and are doing well with treatment.
Chief Insp Heidi Jenner said: “We don’t know where the dogs could have picked something up as they were off their leads at the time. This is a popular dog walking spot so we urge dog walkers who use the area to keep their dogs on leads for the time being.
“If a dog does present any symptoms of poisoning, the owners should seek immediate veterinary advice and treatment.”
Anyone who has any information that could help the investigation is asked to contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.