Warning as wrong charger on e-cigarette sparks house blaze in Yorkshire

The e-cigarette and the blaze conditions. Photo: West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
The e-cigarette and the blaze conditions. Photo: West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
0
Have your say

Fire chiefs have issued a warning after a blaze was started by an incorrect charger being used on an e-cigarette.

West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service was called to a fire after an exploding lithium-ion battery in an e-cigarette set fire to a mattress.

The wrong charger and the e-cigarette. Photo: West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

The wrong charger and the e-cigarette. Photo: West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

-> Police officer 'has never sprinted so fast' to rescue dog left in hot car in Leeds
The blaze began after an incorrect charger was used.

The fire service said: "Just because the plugs fit doesn't make it a suitable charger. Always use the charger supplied by the manufacturer."

These photos show the extent of the devastation caused by the fire.

The fire on the mattress. Photo: West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

The fire on the mattress. Photo: West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service