Woman treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Pontefract

A woman suffered smoke inhalation after a microwave started a house fire in Pontefract.

The fire was at a house in Throstle Crest.

She was given oxygen by fire-fighters and left in the care of paramedics following the fire at Throstle Crest this afternoon (Thursday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire broke out just before 2.40pm but had been extinguished before the crews from Castleford and Normanton arrived.