Man rescued after unattended camping stove started blaze in Hull terraced house

The fire began in the kitchen of a house in Hutt Street, Hull. Picture: Google
The fire began in the kitchen of a house in Hutt Street, Hull. Picture: Google

A man was taken to hospital after an unattended camping stove started a fire in the kitchen of a house in Hull.

Humberside Fire and Rescue Service was called to the terraced house in Hutt Street shortly after 11.10pm last night.

Also in news: Yorkshire's truancy rates remain worst in England, despite more parents facing fines

Firefighters helped the man out of the house before giving him oxygen therapy for smoke inhalation.

He was then taken onto hospital by ambulance for further treatment.

Also in news: How Hull’s craftsmen carved a niche from Chippendale originals

Meanwhile, crews used two main jets, two hose reels, breathing apparatus, thermal image cameras and small tools while bringing the blaze under control.

A spokesman said there was fire and smoke damage to the entire house.

Also in news: Meet the family who created an animal kingdom near Hull

It was not known if any smoke detectors had been fitted inside the property.