A Sheffield man arrested following yesterday's anti-terror raids has been released.
Counter terrorism officers raided a flat in Kelham Island, Sheffield, and another property in Huddersfield yesterday afternoon.
Two men from Huddersfield who were arrested under the Terrorism Act remain in custody.
But a third man arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released, police said this afternoon.
The North East Counter Terrorism Unit said the 23-year-old from Sheffield had been released without bail whilst under investigation.
Armed police had stormed a block of flats in Cornish Street on Thursday, at about 5pm.
One man was arrested in Sheffield and another in Huddersfield, where a raid was carried out at the same time.
Those men, who are aged 24 and 29 and are both from Huddersfield, were arrested on suspicion of offences under Section 5 of the Terrorism Act.
One resident living in the block of flats raided by police in Sheffield reported hearing a 'huge bang' and said large cracks had been left in the walls of the property.
Police said bangs reported by witnesses were down to the method officers used to gain entry.
They said Thursday's raids followed recent intelligence and were not connected to last week's Manchester terror attack, which killed 22 people.
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/download-the-star-s-mobile-app-now-for-free-1-8012221|Download The Star's mobile app now for FREE|click here}