Narine’s action was first called into question at last year’s Champions League Twenty20 tournament, and he subsequently pulled out of West Indies’ World Cup campaign in Australia and New Zealand.
The 26-year-old has returned to competitive cricket in the Indian Premier League, playing for Kolkata Knight Riders.
But a statement from Indian board secretary Anurag Thakur reported yesterday that his action is again under suspicion.
The statement read: “A suspected illegal bowling action report has been filed by the match officials on certain deliveries bowled by Mr Sunil Narine of Kolkata Knight Riders during the Pepsi IPL 2015 match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kolkata Knight Riders played on April 22 2015 in Visakhapatnam.
“As per the provisions of the IPL suspected illegal bowling action policy, Mr Narine will still be eligible to bowl in forthcoming Pepsi IPL matches and may request a biomechanical analysis of the deliveries in question at the ICC and BCCI accredited testing facility, the Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Science Centre (SRASSC) in Chennai.”
After impressing in the recent World Cup, South Africa seamer Kyle Abbott has been signed by Middlesex to play seven NatWest T20 Blast matches this summer.
Abbott is set to arrive at Lord’s, subject to Cricket South Africa clearance, after the Indian Premier League and will then be available from May 28 until the start of his country’s tour to Bangladesh a month later.
The 27-year-old produced some eye-catching performances for South Africa on their way to the semi-finals in Australia and New Zealand, and also has eight Twenty20 international caps.
Abbott, who played for Hampshire in last summer’s Blast, said: “I am delighted to have signed for Middlesex for the T20 campaign.
“I enjoyed my time in England last year immensely and I am looking forward to a new and exciting challenge with Middlesex. It is an honour to have signed for such an illustrious club, and I look forward to pulling on the shirt for the first time.”
Abbott has been a long-term target for Middlesex, and their managing director of cricket Angus Fraser is already planning how to replace him for the latter stages of the Blast.
He said: “During the winter (we) identified that our priority for a second T20 Blast player was a high-quality fast bowler, and we believe in Kyle we have signed someone who will significantly strengthen our T20 side.
“Kyle was exceptional during the recent World Cup, where he took nine wickets in four games at an average of 14 and conceded just over four runs per over.
“In what was a high scoring tournament these were outstanding figures.
“It is unfortunate we cannot have him for the entire tournament, but we are not the only county to have these issues. With this in mind, we are already speaking to people about Kyle’s replacement for the final six group T20 Blast matches.”