The 36-year-old, who had a year left on his deal at Elland Road, was not given a squad number ahead of the 2014-15 campaign, with his days at the club having effectively been numbered for the past few months.
Kenny did not accompany Leeds on their pre-season tour of northern Italy earlier this summer, with some reports suggesting that owner Massimo Cellino was unhappy with his weight - although representatives close to the player scotched any suggestion he was unfit and out of condition.
Other reports said that Cellino’s aversion to the number 17 - Kenny’s birthdate is May 17 - was also a factor in the desire to part company with the keeper, although the club denied the rumours.
Cellino and Kenny’s representatives had been in contact ahead of the season in a bid to resolve the future of the former QPR and Sheffield United custodian, who has now reached a compromise agreement with Leeds and has now left the club.
Head coach David Hockaday said: “By the time I got here (in June), the decision had been made. Paddy has been very professional about it, to be fair to him.
“He wasn’t taken away to Italy, although he had been ill a couple of days previously. But he has conducted himself really, really well.
“I genuinely wish him well. I think he’s a good keeper and good lad. The club have obviously come to a compromise deal with him and I genuinely wish him well.
“I am sure he will go somewhere and go well.”