Round-up: Featherstone denied late on | Bradford edged out in London | York to face Keighley in Blackpool final

Have your say

FFEATHERSTONE ROVERS were denied a Championship victory at Oldham thanks to a last-minute try.

Newly-promoted Oldham warmed up for their Challenge Cup clash with Warrington with a 16-14 win over Featherstone at Bower Fold.

Rovers looked to have clinched the win when former St Helens and Bradford winger Jamie Foster converted Misi Taulapapa’s 74th-minute try and added a penalty three minutes later.

But Liam Johnson won it for the Roughyeds with a last-minute try, to add to earlier ones from Kenny Hughes and Jack Holmes.

Ian Hardman had scored Featherstone’s opening try.

London Broncos maintained their 100 per cent home record in the Kingstone Press Championship with a 30-16 win over Bradford Bulls at Ealing.

The Bulls led 14-8 at half-time thanks to two tries from Kris Welham and one from Danny Addy but Dale Ferguson’s sin-binning proved costly as the Broncos won their sixth successive home league game.

Andy Ackers and Rhys Williams both scored two tries apiece for London, whose other tries came from former Bulls youngster Ben Hellewell and James Cunningham.

Leigh Centurions scored two late tries to sink Batley Bulldogs 37-30 and extend their unbeaten run to 11 matches.

Batley were on course to complete a league double when they led 30-25 before tries from Sam Hopkins and Lee Smith saw Leigh prevail.

Harrison Hansen had earlier scored two tries for Leigh, while Liam Kay and Liam Hood also touched down. Martyn Ridyard kicked six goals and a drop goal.

Batley’s tries came from Shaun Ainscough, Alistair Leak, James Harrison, Alex Bretherton and Dominic Brambani, who also kicked five goals.

In League One, Doncaster moved top after holding off a second-half fightback from Hunslet Hawks to clinch a 30-22 victory.

Kyle Kesik sent Michael Kelly over after just six minutes, only for Hunslet’s Danny Ansell to put James Duckworth over in the corner as the hosts responded before a Brad Delaney brace gave the visitors an 18-4 half-time lead.

Jimmy Watson weaved through the Doncaster defence and Jake Normington capitalised on Liam Welham dropping the ball 10 metres from his own line before Simon Brown levelled with a penalty, and Richie Barnett reached highest to a Brown kick to put Hunslet ahead only for Kesik to set up Jason Tali, with Mark Castle sealing the win late on.

York City Knights will play Keighley Cougars in the final of the iPro Sport League 1 Cup Final.

The Knights secured their place at Blackpool following yesterday’s 58-14 victory over Gloucestershire All Golds.

Keighley reached the final with a 31-22 victory at London Skolars 24 hours earlier.

The final will act as the curtain raiser to the Summer Bash, at Blackpool’s Bloomfield Road stadium over the weekend of May 28-29.