National Three North: Tigers hang on due to last-kick miss as Cribley seals Sheffield win

Have your say

Josh Bragman missed a last-minute conversion to condemn Hull to a 22-21 defeat at home to Sheffield Tigers.

The fly-half failed to make his kick after flanker Uri Grey had scored a try.

Bragman put Hull ahead from a penalty before Tigers hit back with tries from centre Henry Packard converted by Mark Ireland at fly-half.

Bragman scored a try and No 8 Joe Stafford also went over to put Hull into the lead, before an 80th-minute score from Alex Graham put Tigers back on top.

Grey’s try in the corner at the death looked to have given Hull hope of salvaging the match but Bragman was unable to convert.

Sheffield won 27-23 against Rossendale at Abbeydale Park.

They led 19-13 at the break with wing-forward Alex Fawdry, winger Rupert Broadley and prop Danny Rylance touching down and Joe Cribley converting two.

Winger Gareth Morley scored the fourth try to ensure a bonus point, but Rossendale hit back with a try, conversion and penalty before Cribley kicked a penalty.

Cleckheaton’s first game against Birkenhead Park in six years resulted in a 21-17 win.

Centre Danny Rich dived over for the first try for the visitors and Cleckheaton prop Paul Turner was sent to the sin-bin for kicking a ball out of Park’s ruck and hooker Stuart Brown went in to give his side a 10-0 lead.

Ryan Piercy darted over and Ronan Evans added a penalty to make it 10-8 at the break.

Captain Richard Piper retired through injury before scrum-half Jack Bickerdike wriggled over.

Birkenhead’s Brown went in for his second and Peter White converted before Evans added another penalty.

Winger Michael Hayward tiptoed up the touchline before finding Thrower in support and he rounded his opponent before flicking a pass out to second-row Josh Malkinson, who scored Cleckheaton’s third and winning try.

Ilkley are without a win in four games following an 11-3 home defeat at the hands of second-placed Firwood Waterloo.

It was played in treacherous conditions, which included a gale-force head wind and rivers on the verge of bursting banks.

A dour first half saw the visitors take the lead with a penalty from half-way and they extended the advantage with a try which saw defence turn to attack in the blink of an eye.

Ilkley pulled back three points after the break but paid for too many mistakes and Waterloo’s penalty ended up costing them a losing bonus point.

Huddersfield YMCA suffered a 23-5 loss at Billingham after seeing their attacking threat dampened by the severe weather.

YM were only able to break the defensive line once, through Adam Ryder, as Billingham tied up the game in the forwards.