1. PAUL REID: The artist’s work has regularly exhibited at the 108 Fine Art Gallery in Harrogate and an exhibition of his latest work is on display there from December 8 to January 23. For more details visit www.108fineart.com.
2. LITTLE GEMS: A new Christmas exhibition will feature small paintings and artists’ prints at Kentmere Gallery in York, taking place every weekend until December 20, then January 2 and 3. For more details visit www.kentmerehouse.co.uk
3. LUCY KETCHIN: A local artist has transformed a retail unit at the Ridings Shopping Centre in Wakefield with a festive theme. It took Lucy 10 hours to complete the Christmas window which was a collaboration with the Hepworth Wakefield.
4. TEXTILE SCREEN PRINTING – BEGINNERS: Run by textile artist Karen Stansfield and with no experience necessary, the course takes place on December 12 to 13 at the West Yorkshire Print Workshop in Mirfield. For details visit www.wypw.org
5. KITTY NORTH: The local artist has launched a new website which is filled with a gallery of her own work, her latest shows and merchandising. Originally from Lancashire she has lived in the Yorkshire Dales for 25 years. For more details visit www.kittynorth.com