There are some engrossing films which were released a decade ago. Swords were swung in Pirates of the Caribbean, fists were flung again by Rocky, and teachers endured tension in Notes On A Scandal.
Here are ten of the top films which are celebrating their 10th birthday in 2016, picked by Debra Fox.
1. The Departed: Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon, this film was the most popular of the year according to IMDB. DiCaprio is a young cadet who is placed by the police department into the city’s gangland.
2. Casino Royale: Daniel Craig’s first turn as James Bond captured audiences - and it seems appropriate to remember it following the release of Spectre. The secret agent headed to Madagascar and thwarts a financier.
3. Rocky Balboa: Sylvester Stallone returns to his role as Rocky, who wants to recapture his glory days and returns to the ring. He accepts the challenge to fight reigning world heavyweight champion Mason Dixon.
4. Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man’s Chest: The Walt Disney series was a family favourite and this was the second in the series. Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp, discovers his debt to Davy Jones is due.
5. Mission: Impossible III: Tom Cruise and the late Philip Seymour Hoffman provide the nail-bite factor in this Mission: Impossible flick. Ethan Hunt, played by Cruise, is up against an international arms broker.
6. Night At The Museum: A divorced father, played by Ben Stiller, looks for stability and to impress his son. His job as a nightwatchman in a museum is not as straightforward as he would have expected it to be.
7. 300: This is a fantasy warm film which sees King Leonidas, played by Gerard Butler, leading 300 Spartans. They are in a battle against a Persian God-King and his army of more than 300,000 soldiers.
8. Cars: This animated Pixar flick, complete with celebrity voices, has earned its stripes as a classic. There is excitment after the last race of the Piston Cup championship ending in a three-way tie.
9. Little Miss Sunshine: A family want to get their daughter to the finals of a beauty pageant - so they hit the road in an old Volkswagen bus. This is a quirky - and loveable - dysfunctional comedy.
10. Superman Returns: The Man of Steel, played by Brandon Routh, returns after a lengthy absence in a much-altered world, in which Lois Lane has moved on with her life. Lex Luthor is planning to destroy him.