TOP tips for the perfect Sunday meal...
1. Peel and parboil your potatoes for eight minutes in seasoned water. Pour them into a cullender shake vigorously to roughen the edges. Roast at 200deg/gas 6 for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Let the meat come up to room temperature for half an hour before roasting. Rub with oil, salt and herbs, and brown the joint in a pan before transferring to the oven. Stand it on a bed of onions and root vegetables, baste half way through the cooking and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
3. While the meat is resting, use the juices in the pan to create a sauce thickened with 1 tbsp of flour. You can stir in gravy mix or add your own stock.
4. Steam your vegetables instead of boiling. But if you must boil them, pop them into cold water after cooking to prevent them from softening any further. You can then finish them off in the oven.
5. Make sure your oven is hot and that the fat in the tray is smoking before pouring the Yorkshire pudding batter.