Seaves Farm in the village of Brandsby dates from 1427, and the current farmhouse was built in the 1800s. The 6.5-acre smallholding has a millpond, granary, cottage, stables, paddocks and a manege. When it was a tenanted farm, the dairy supplied milk to the famous Rowntree's chocolate factory in York. The Grade II-listed house is so old that parts of it were built using stone from abbeys disbanded during the Dissolution of Monasteries, and horse shoes and musket balls from the reign of King Richard III are still being dug up in the grounds. A grand inglenook fireplace is the house's main period feature, and it is the oldest property in the village. The five-bedroom main house is complemented by a refurbished two-bedroom cottage currently used as holiday accommodation, and the granary has planning permission in place for conversion into a further holiday let. The property is ideal for equestrian-minded owners, as there is stabling for five horses, grazing and an all-weather manege. Period features include exposed beams, stripped wooden shutters, wooden panelling, window seats, original herringbone floor tiles and a vaulted ceiling. The garden includes an ancient oak tree and an orchard, as well as a courtyard. Agent: Blenkin & Co, York.