North Yorkshire Fire Service confirmed that two engines raced to the park to extinguish the static caravan fire.
In a statement, the park said: “At approximately 1.15pm today, a guest who was staying in a hire caravan with children in care reported a caravan fire.
“The lady in question made our Holiday Village Reception aware that the fire was started by a 15-year-old girl (who was in the care of the same lady) by setting fire to a duvet in one of the bedrooms.
“Our Fire Safety Team was first at the scene who attempted to put out the fire. The Fire Brigade had already been contacted and they attended site a few minutes later and took control of the incident.
“Nobody was injured as a consequence of this occurrence. North Yorkshire Police attended the scene and are investigating further.”