Dad claims to have found moth in chocolate bar
Craig Brown claims he found the body of the winged insect embedded in the back of the chocolate bar after buying it from a local shop.
The window cleaner had bought the treat for his three-year-old son when he found the moth buried in the chocolate.
Mr Brown, 21, said: “I bought a chocolate bar for Tyler, it cost me about 37 pence. But thankfully before I gave it to him I opened it up and saw the moth. Cadbury have since sent me a voucher for £10 - but I don’t want to eat £10 worth of chocolate. I used to love chocolate but this has completely changed things. I’m literally terrified to eat chocolate now, I have to take tiny bites because I’m worried that I’ll find another moth.”
Mr Brown, of Scarborough, took a photograph of the bar before contacting Cadbury.
“Honestly when I first looked at it I thought it was one of those big bubbles of chocolate and I thought, that doesn’t look right,” he said.
“Then I saw some juice in the chocolate and I knew it was a moth straight away.
“I’m a big lover of chocolate and I’m sat checking every bar. I wouldn’t buy that chocolate bar again. It has dented my confidence in it massively. You want to feel safe in knowing what you are eating. I’m dismantling all the chocolate I eat now.”
A spokesperson from Cadbury said: “This sounds very unpleasant for Mr Brown and we have sent him a pre-paid envelope so that he can send the product back to us.
“Once it’s returned, we will carry out an investigation to see how this could have occurred.”