Man suffers burns after tealight candle set fire to his duvet in Leeds

A man suffered burns after his duvet caught fire during the early hours in Leeds.

Coppice Wood Grove, Leeds. Pic: Google.

Firefighters were called to the home in Coppice Wood Grove, Guiseley, at around 2.50am this morning (Sunday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The man, in his 20s, was taken to hospital after a tealight candle set fire to the bedroom duvet.

He suffered burns to his foot, ankle and hands, West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.