The Yorkshire Air Ambulance has been called to the scene.
Follow below for updates.
M62 closed at Ferrybridge as Yorkshire Air Ambulance lands at ‘serious collision’
Last updated: Monday, 12 July, 2021, 14:47
The M62 is closed in both directions at Ferrybridge, J33
The M62 westbound is now CLOSED between J33 Ferrybridge and J32a A1M
Incident head lead to more than three miles of traffic
Highways England advice:
Emergency services including West Yorkshire Police are in attendance. Highways England has resources deployed to assist.
Road users are advised to expect disruption and to allow extra journey time.
Diversion route details and guidance is as follows;
- Exit the M62 at J33 and proceed to the end of the slip road.
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A162 northbound and proceed along this road for approximately 800m to the junction with the A645.
- At the junction, join the A645 westbound and proceed along this road for approximately 2 miles to the junction with the A639.
- At the junction, turn right onto A639 and proceed along this road for approximately 2 miles to the junction with the M62 J32.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit to re-join M62 west.
Further incident information is available on our www.trafficengland.com website. For urgent real-time assistance, our 24/7 contact centre team can provide up to the minute information on 0300 123 5000.
“At 11.52am today (Monday), police received a report of a collision on the M62 close to Junction 33 Westbound.
“The collision was found to have involved a lorry and a man his in twenties, who was believed to be attending to a broken down van.
“The man was taken to hospital with what are believed to be serious leg injuries.
“The M62 is currently closed Westbound from Junction 33 while enquiries continue into the collision. Traffic on the motorway is being diverted and other motorists are asked to avoid the area at this time.”