Two people suffer smoke inhalation after kitchen fire in Leeds

Two people suffered smoke inhalation after an oven caught fire in a Leeds home.

Swarcliffe Drive, near Oak Grove, Leeds. Picture: Google.

Firefighters were called to Oak Grove, Swarcliffe, at about 11.50pm yesterday (Thursday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Crews used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames in the kitchen.

One person inside the home, and a neighbour, both suffered from smoke inhalation following the fire.

They were treated by paramedics at the scene.