Frequent snow showers may lead to travel disruption in places in Yorkshire, the Met Office said.
The Met Office said residents in Yorkshire should expect:
- Some roads and railways likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services. Small chance of longer travel delays in places with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
- Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces
- Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths
- There is a slight chance that some rural communities could become cut off
- There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected
The warning was updated on Sunday (Feb 7).
The reason for the update was: "Warning extended to end of Wednesday, with ice dropped in favour of snow being the primary hazard. Area extended westwards slightly across Northern England."
For all the latest, follow the Yorkshire Evening Post's live blog on Monday.