Snow and low visibility caused disruption at airports across Europe with runways closed for snow clearance and flights spaced out more due to limited visibility.
But whilst other airports can simply move the flights affected to gaps later in the schedule, Heathrow cannot. It is full all day, every day.
This lack of capacity means Heathrow will always suffer disruption in adverse weather. Unfortunately, this affected journeys between Heathrow and Leeds Bradford just as it did to destinations further afield, such as those in Australia and Oceania.
• Heathrow offers eight daily flights to Africa, and 11 daily flights to the Middle East
• Heathrow currently offers flights to 14 destinations in Africa not served by any other UK airport (including Egypt).
• Heathrow currently offers flights to nine destinations in the Middle East not served by any other UK airport (excluding Egypt).
• Currently there are two destinations in Africa served daily from other European hubs but not served daily from Heathrow.
• There are seven destinations in the Middle East served daily from other European hubs but not served daily from Heathrow.