Boy, 13, taken to hospital after fire at Leeds house

A 13-year-old boy was taken to hospital by ambulance after a fire at a house in Leeds today.

Eastwood Crescent, Swarcliffe. Photo:Google
Eastwood Crescent, Swarcliffe. Photo:Google

Fire crews from Killingbeck and Garforth were called to deal with the blaze in the kitchen at a house on Eastwood Crescent at Swarcliffe just before 5pm today. (Thurs March 9)

Sign up to our daily newsletter

West Yorkshire Fire Service said the house was heavily smoke logged after a chopping board was left on the cooking hob.

The 13-year-old boy was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering smoke inhalation.

Crews used two hose reels and four breathing apparatus during the incident.