Crews attend high rise Yorkshire flats after Christmas leftovers cause fire

Emergency services attended a block of high rise flats in Yorkshire - after Christmas leftovers caused a fire.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service attended the incident in Harrogate on Christmas Eve.

The service said the fire involved a grill pan shortly after 6pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The resident of the flat had turned on their grill, with Christmas leftovers still inside.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service attended the incident in Harrogate on Christmas Eve.

Crews discovered the fire in the grill pan was out on their arrival.

They ventilated the property and fitted a new smoke alarm.