Fire service rescue Yorkshire teenager stuck in child’s swing at park

The fire service rescued a teenager on Tuesday night - from a child's swing.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service said they were called out to Thorpe Village Hall, Thorpe Willoughby shortly after 6pm on Tuesday night (March 2).

A teenager had become stuck in a child's swing at a play park, the service said.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Crews used tools to rescue the teen from the swing.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service said they were called out to Thorpe Village Hall, Thorpe Willoughby shortly after 6pm on Tuesday night (March 2).

The teenager was given advice by the crews, the service said.

In an incident summary log, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "A crew attended an incident where a teenager had become stuck in a child's swing in a play park.

"Crews used small tools to release the teenager and gave advice."

Last week, emergency services also rescued a six-year-old from Yorkshire who became stuck between branches of a tree.

A crew attended the incident in Riccall village, Selby, shortly after 2pm on Wednesday (February 24).

A child had become wedged between v-shaped branches of trees.

Crews were able to rescue the child using crew power, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service said.

The child was checked over by ambulance crews as a precaution.

On Tuesday (February 23), the fire service also attended a fire to a bungalow in Sherburn-in-Elemet which was believed to have been caused by a dropped cigarette in the hallway of the home.

The property was significantly damaged by smoke and heat, the fire service said.

Crews extinguished the fire and ventilated the property after being called shortly after 10pm.

Ambulance crews had removed a person from the property prior to fire crews arrival and checked them over, the fire service confirmed.

Red cross volunteers also attended to assist the resident of the home.

Crews used breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, positive pressure ventilation fan, lighting and thermal imaging cameras to tackle the blaze.