Quiz of the week
1. Which Yorkshire stately home, featured in 2014 film Mr Turner, was this week bought by a conservation group for £7m, and will now undergo a £42m restoration to make it a magnet for tourists?
a) Harewood House
b) Wentworth Woodhouse
c) Castle Howard
d) Sledmere House
2. A new documentary series by the makers of the controversial Benefits Street which looks at problems surrounding immigration started on Channel 4 this week. But in which Yorkshire city was Keeping Up with the Khans filmed?
3. It was revealed this week that the world’s biggest wind farm is set to be built off Grimsby in a move that could create 2,000 jobs. But the government of which country will own it?
4. Which football manager refused to resign this week after his Valencia team lost 7-0 to Real Madrid in the Spanish Cup?
a) Gary Neville
b) Phil Neville
c) Steve McClaren
d) David Moyes
5. Sarah Lancashire has said she won’t be doing any more series of her BBC drama set around Sowerby Bridge and the Calder Valley, which returns to our screens next week. But what is it called?
a) Nappy Valley
b) How Green Was My Valley
c) Happy Valley
d) Deep Valley
6. A group of British pensioners were arrested in Thailand this week while playing cards. Why?
a) Bridge is banned in Thailand
b) They had more than 120 playing cards
c) Strip poker is outlawed
d) They were gambling with more than £1,000
7. A year’s worth of celebrations marking the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charlotte Brontë began this week. But what was her debut novel?
a) Wuthering Heights
c) Jane Eyre
8. Which US actor was this week named co-host of the new-look Top Gear?
a) Matt LeBlanc
b) David Schwimmer
c) Matt Perry
d) Sylvester Stallone
9. Astronaut Tim Peake called in to Chris Evans’ BBC Radio 2 breakfast show to request a song for his wife Rebecca’s birthday. Which tune did he ask for?
b) Planet Earth
c) I Just Called To Say I Love You
d) Stars Across The Moon
10. What food did scientists this week say could help you lose weight as part of a full breakfast?
b) Chocolate cake
d) Ice cream