Police investigate after two horses kept in field ate poisonous substance
It was reported that the horses had eaten a poisonous substance some time between 10am and 1pm on Saturday, causing them to fall ill.
They were being kept in a field off Carr Field Lane in Bolton-on-Dearne.
PC Lee Clarke said: “Thankfully, the horses appear to be on the mend, however the substance they ate has been confirmed as poisonous.
“Our enquiries so far have led us to believe that someone could have fed the horses this substance and we are investigating the incident.
“I’d like to hear from anyone who was in the area at around that time and saw anything suspicious, or who knows anything about the incident."
Information can also be given to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.