- There are 10 crews tackling the blaze, with 50 firefighters involved.
- Emergency services were alerted to the blaze at 6.25am. It is believed to have started in a toilet and spread to the roof.
- Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue described the blaze as a 'fully developed fire in the main concourse of the station, which has spread to the roof'.
- All trains to and from Nottingham are cancelled until further notice.
- East Midlands Trains said services on all routes through Nottingham are expected to be affected for the entire day.
- The station has been evacuated and surrounding roads are cordoned off. Rail users and motorists have been warned to expect severe disruption.
- No injuries have been reported but East Midlands Ambulance Service has a clinical manager and specialist paramedics at the scene.
A spokesman said: "Crews are currently working to stop the fire from spreading. Thank you for your patience whilst we work to keep everyone safe."
- Passengers should visit www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk for the latest travel information.