Residents suffer smoke effects after flat fire

Two residents were treated in hospital for the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire in a sixth floor flat in the early hours of this morning.

Appliances from Wakefield, Ossett, Normanton, Dewsbury and an aerial appliance were called to Greenwood House, George Street in Wakefield at around 5.40am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire was put out using six crew wearing breathing apparatus, two hose reels and pressure ventilation