Man injured as camping gas cylinder blows out house in Rotherham

A MAN was injured when a camping gas cylinder exploded at a house in Rotherham.
Firefighters at the scene of the explosionFirefighters at the scene of the explosion
Firefighters at the scene of the explosion

Fire crews and police were called to reports of an explosion at a house in Woodleys Avenue, Rawmarsh, Rotherham, just before 7pm last night (Sunday July 11).

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “On arrival Rotherham and Dearne, fire crews found the building badly damaged and a small fire in the living room area.

“Firefighters used a hose reel to quickly put the fire out.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

“The explosion is believed to have been caused accidentally by a camping gas cylinder. A man was injured in the incident and was taken by ambulance to hospital.”

Eyewitness Charlotte Jade said: “It was a huge explosion, I’ve never heard anything like it in my life.

“The entire street shook and the entire house is to be possibly condemned and knocked down.

“A policeman told us that the house is lucky to still be standing.”