Woman treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Pontefract

A woman suffered smoke inhalation after a microwave started a house fire in Pontefract.

The fire was at a house in Throstle Crest.
The fire was at a house in Throstle Crest.

She was given oxygen by fire-fighters and left in the care of paramedics following the fire at Throstle Crest this afternoon (Thursday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The fire broke out just before 2.40pm but had been extinguished before the crews from Castleford and Normanton arrived.