More than 800 Greggs branches will open from today across the UK, with new social distancing measures in place, and an updated menu.
Fans of the high street bakery chain will now be able to walk into shops for food and drink orders, with items such as the beloved vegan sausage roll and steak bake on offer.
Here’s what you need to know.
Which stores are reopening?
The list shows which stores are open by alphabetical order. A few of the stores are marked with a star which means that they are Just Eat and Click + Collect only, so customers are not allowed to walk into these stores.
The other stores will allow customers to walk in to order their food and drinks, but they will be takeaway only with no sit-in options.
Alternatively, you can look up your nearest branch using the Shop Finder tool on the Greggs website here.
The Shop Finder tool will show you the nearest open branches near you, as well as the opening hours and services they offer, such as walk-in orders, drive-thru or delivery.
Roger Whiteside, Greggs Chief Executive, said: “Over the past month, we have carried out robust trials using our new operational and social distancing measures and they have progressed well.
“This has allowed us to move to our next re-opening phase with just over 800 of our shops welcoming customers back this week.”
What’s on the menu?
The stores will be working from a limited menu, but rest assured, all the fan favourites will still be available to buy.
Included on the menu are items such as:
- Breakfast rolls (bacon, sausage, omelette)
- Sausage rolls
- Vegan sausage rolls
- Steak bakes
- Vegan steak bakes
- Chicken bakes
- Pastries like croissants, doughnuts and yum yums
- Sandwiches and baguettes
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cold drinks as well
Are there safety measures in place?
To keep customers and staff safe during the reopening of more branches, there are new social distancing rules in place.
The customer rules are:
- One adult per household allowed in the shop
- Customers must follow the floor markings
- Keep 2m distance from others
- Card payments only, no cash
Store rules include:
- Increased focus on handwashing and hygiene
- 30 minute cleans for all equipment and touchpoints
- Safe social distancing with other staff
- All colleagues have been provided with PPE