A flower show, Beatrix Potter and an epic pilgrimage
1. How many miles did the Archbishop of York Dr John Sentamu walk during his six month pilgrimage around the Diocese of York?
2. Which Yorkshire jockey won the prestigious Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris, France’s biggest jumps race?
a) Henry Brooke
b) Keith Mercer
c) James Reveley
d) Jonathan England
3. In which year was the Chelsea Flower Show first held?
4. Which actress is to narrate a rediscovered Beatrix Potter story - her first audiobook recording?
a) Dame Helen Mirren
b) Dame Judi Dench
c) Emma Thompson
d) Sarah Lancashire
5. The Queen has been depicted in a book to mark which fictional character’s 90th birthday?
a) Rupert the Bear
b) Paddington Bear
c) Minnie Mouse
d) Winnie the Pooh
6. Who has offered to buy and plant a pair of garden urns for the doorstep of 10 Downing Street as part of efforts to brighten up front gardens?
a) Monty Don
b) Christine Walkden
c) Carol Klein
d) Alan Titchmarsh
7. Who said: “The only people who need degrees are dentists and brain surgeons?”
a) Jeremy Clarkson
b) Michael Palin
c) David Hockney
d) Alan Bennett
8. The Foreign Office has been urged to relax its travel advice to which African country following a 90 per cent drop in British visitors since the start of 2016?
9. Which footballer turned 50 this week?
a) Chris Waddle
b) Eric Cantona
c) David Batty
d) Gary Lineker
10. York Minster is staging the York Mystery Plays. How many backstage volunteers are involved?
11. A fragment of Thomas Beckett has returned to England for the first time in 800 years. Which part of his body is it believed to be from?