Fire crews battle blaze at furniture workshop

Crews spent an hour at the incident
Crews spent an hour at the incident
0
Have your say

Firefighters tackled a blaze at a furniture workshop in Sheffield which started when linoleum cloths self-ignited.

Four crews from Central, Rivelin and Elm Lane stations attended the incident on Harvest Lane at 12.20am.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "There was a small fire in a store area which is believed to have started accidentally due to linoleum cloths self igniting.

"Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and used hose reels to quickly put the fire out.

"Crews left the scene at 1.20am."