Terms and Conditions
Subscription Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our subscriber terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions set out the terms that apply to your subscription. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully to make sure you understand them and how they apply to you. Your contract is with National World Publishing Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11499982 and our registered office is at No1 Leeds, 4th Floor, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds LS12 1BE, United Kingdom. Our registered VAT number is 308 6657 81. You can contact us via the contact details at the foot of these Terms and Conditions.
In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you will also be subject to the individual terms which govern the specific subscription which you choose. These terms will be made available to you on the website page where you purchase your subscription (“the Landing Page”). Please refer in particular to the Legal Notices section of the Landing Page for terms regarding your specific subscription.
If you access our content under a corporate subscription package, these Terms and Conditions will apply to your subscription as far as they are relevant. Clause 8, “Corporate Subscriptions”, sets out those Terms and Conditions which do not apply to corporate subscriptions, and additional corporate subscription terms.
If you access one of our print subscription packages, these Terms and Conditions will apply to your subscription as far as they are relevant. Clause 7, “Print Subscriptions”, sets out additional print subscription terms.
- Age: We are only able to contract with you if you have the power to enter into this contract. This means that you will only be able to enter into this contract if you are 18 years or older in England, Wales or Northern Ireland; or 16 years or older if you live in Scotland; or if the laws where you are otherwise resident allow you to enter into this contract.
- Access to our Content:
- You are not required to purchase anything for certain limited use of our website. However, if you do not purchase a subscription your access to its content and services will be limited. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information on this.
- By taking out a subscription you will be given additional access to online content, and / or will receive an ad-lite experience. Access may be unlimited but may continue to be subject to some restrictions depending upon the type of package you have purchased e.g. you will be restricted to all sports content if you have purchased a sports package. Depending upon the package you have purchased,; you may also receive free access to your package’s content on the mobile app. Full details of the content which is available as part of your subscription will be provided on the Landing Page.
- Whilst we try to ensure that our mobile app and online edition are available widely on tablets, smartphones, iPhone and iPad, we cannot guarantee that our app and online edition will be available on all such devices. If you cannot access our app (where access to the app is part of your package) or online edition on your specific device and we are not able to resolve this for you then you shall be entitled to cancel your subscription and receive a full refund. Our websites are designed to support the current versions of widely used web browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
- Please be aware that this is an instantly accessible service and by purchasing a subscription the service will start immediately. Please see clause 6, “Termination” below for your cancellation rights.
- Minimum Subscription Periods: Subscriptions are either on a monthly or annual basis (or, in the case of print subscriptions only, quarterly or annual) and you will not be able to terminate your subscription during these minimum terms, although you do have a right to change your mind about your subscription within the first 14 days of your order, please see clause 6.2 below
- When you purchase a subscription, the price will be made clear during the order process. You agree to pay the price that is stated at the time of your order. You also agree to the billing frequency stated at the time of your order.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards. We will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription. Billing will continue according to the cycle stated at the time of your order.
- Proof of purchase will be sent to the registered email address.
- A subscription may become invalid if National World Publishing Ltd is unable to secure payment for the service.
- If you pay for your subscription by Direct Debit, we will adhere to the guidelines set out in the Direct Debit Guarantee. This information is detailed in the welcome and payment confirmation email.
- Your direct debit payment will appear as “National World Publishing Ltd” on your bank statement.
- If you pay for your subscription by credit card, details will be included in your welcome email.
- If you pay for your subscription by credit card, the payment will appear as “National World Publishing Ltd” on your credit card statement.
- Exclusive or Introductory Offers: If you take up an exclusive or introductory offer your subscription price will automatically revert to a higher price once your offer period ends unless you terminate your subscription as outlined below. Please refer to your welcome email for full details.
- Minimum Subscription Periods: You will not be able to terminate your subscription during the minimum subscription period you have chosen (monthly or annual or, in the case of print subscriptions only, quarterly or annual), although please see clause 6.2 below on your right to change your mind within the first 14 days of your order.
- Termination within 14 days of subscribing: You may cancel your order within 14 days of subscribing and you shall receive a refund of any payment that you have paid to us without undue delay (using the same payment method used by you to purchase your subscription, unless you agree otherwise) and, in any event, not later than 14 days after you cancel provided that we shall be entitled to retain payment for any of your subscription you have already received. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the subscription period. Access to the website which you had under your subscription and also, if applicable, the mobile app, will stop immediately.
- Termination after 14 days of subscribing: If you do not cancel your subscription within 14 days of subscribing, then:
- Monthly or quarterly subscriptions:
Your subscription will automatically continue on a monthly or quarterly basis until you cancel your subscription. You may send us notification to cancel your subscription at any time (subject to the below) but your subscription will only terminate at the end of your relevant minimum subscription period. We must receive your notice at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due for your subscription to terminate at the end of your current subscription period. If notice of your intention to cancel your subscription is not received by us at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due, then you will be required to make your next scheduled payment and your subscription will continue until the end of that subscription period.
- Annual subscriptions:
Your subscription will continue for an initial 12-month period and will then automatically continue for further 12-month periods until you cancel your subscription. You may send us notification to cancel your subscription at any time (subject to the below) but your subscription will only terminate at the end of your relevant 12-month subscription period. We must receive your notice at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due for your subscription to terminate at the end of your current subscription period. If notice of your intention to cancel your subscription is not received by us at least 72 hours before your next scheduled payment is due, then you will be required to make your next scheduled payment and your subscription will continue until the end of that subscription period.
- You stop paying for your subscription: If you stop paying for your subscription, we may terminate your subscription immediately. If we terminate your subscription in such circumstances we will refund any money you have paid in advance for any services we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking these Terms and Conditions.
- Where we may stop or suspend your subscription: We may stop or suspend providing the subscription to you at any time if we consider that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions by notifying you at the registered email address.
- How to cancel your subscription: You can change or cancel your subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care on 0330 403 0066 option 3. You may also change or cancel your subscription by emailing us at c[email protected] and providing your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. You may also print off the form here and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of your subscription and your name and address. Finally, so long as your subscription is not a corporate subscription and does not include print, you may cancel your subscription by going to the “Subscription” tab via your account online.
- Print Subscriptions: The following additional terms apply to the print portion of your subscription:
- Subscriptions are in the form of vouchers. We can either send them direct to you to redeem at any participating newsagent or to a nominated gift recipient of your choice.
- Your vouchers may only be used to purchase the newspaper on the date printed on the front of the voucher.
- Only original vouchers will be accepted. No scanned, printed or photocopied versions will be accepted. Damaged or defaced original vouchers may be refused.
- The cost of the voucher subscription does not include any paper delivery charges which your retailer may levy at their discretion.
- Your vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. They have no cash alternative and cannot be exchanged for other goods or services
- If you pay your subscription by credit card, the payment will appear as LocalSubsPlus on your credit card statement.
- If you pay for your print subscription by debit or credit card, it will not automatically continue at the end of your minimum subscription period. If you pay for your print subscription by Direct Debit, it will automatically continue at the end of your minimum subscription period in accordance with clause 6.3 above
- Corporate Subscriptions: The payment terms set out above at clause 4, Payment, do not apply to corporate subscriptions. This is because there are different pricing options available to you depending upon the number of licences which you wish to purchase, and we would therefore like to discuss the corporate subscription package which will be best suited to your specific circumstances. If you wish to purchase a corporate subscription, please either telephone us on 0330 403 0066 or email us at [email protected]. We will take payment from you over the phone or, if you prefer, we can issue an invoice to you. Your corporate subscription will not be activated until payment has been made.
- How we will use your personal information: We will process your personal data only in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
- Our Liability if you are a consumer:
You are a consumer if:
- You are an individual.
- You are buying services from us wholly or mainly for your personal use (not for use in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession).
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the subscription for private use. If you use the subscription for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and for breach of your legal rights in relation to the subscription service.
- Our Liability if you are a business:
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
(d) any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
- Except to the extent expressly stated in clause 11.1 all terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded.
- Subject to clause 11.1:
(a) we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
(b) our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited in any subscription period to the total sums paid or payable by you to us during that subscription period.
- Amendments: We may make amendments to these Terms and Conditions to reflect changes in the law or in how we conduct our business. If we amend these Terms and Conditions we will notify you by sending an email to the registered email address. If we make material changes to these Terms and Conditions you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any services paid for but not received.
- Transfer: We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Rights of other Parties: Nobody else has any rights under these Terms and Conditions. Your contract is between you and us.
- Enforceability: If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver of Rights: Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms and Conditions, we can still enforce them later. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the subscription, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Delays outside our control: If our supply of the subscription service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the subscription and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings: These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Digital Subscription Helpline:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0330 403 0066 (Mon-Fri 9.30am-7pm)
National World Publishing Ltd
26 Whitehall Road