SHEFFIELD United and League One leaders Tranmere Rovers played out a dour goalless draw at Bramall Lane on Saturday.
Midfield schemer Kevin McDonald was missing from the Blades side.
He suffered an ankle injury in the win at Carlisle and was replaced by Tony McMahon as Marcus Williams came in for Darryl Westlake.
McMahon came in at right-back and fired a 20-yarder which Owain Fon Williams pushed for a corner - the only save of the opening half hour.
Adam McGurk curled a free-kick narrowly wide for Rovers before the break.
Andy Robinson curled a free-kick onto the Blades bar before Dave Kitson replaced Chris Porter for the hosts with no breakthrough in sight.
The point kept United third with Brentford now second and only behind leaders Tranmere on goal difference, Doncaster having dropped to fourth.
- Books confirm Gulf owners seeking new investment in Leeds Utd
- Gulf owner sells off more of Leeds Utd - but not to Ken Bates
- Huge queues as crash shuts M62 between Leeds and Bradford
- ‘Value play’ as Gulf bank’s books reveal more gambling over Leeds future
- Bolton’s Matt Mills could be £1m Leeds transfer target
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North